Pink Jams! Announces
Second Annual Take a Bite Out of Breast Cancer
Take a Bite Out of Breast Cancer is an outreach and fundraising campaign focusing on educating Washington, DC area residents about the importance of early detection and breast cancer awareness. For the entire month of October, chefs and restaurateurs commit their establishments to helping us in our mission – reaching tens of thousands of men and women in our area. For one day, a week, or the entire month, participating restaurants also generously donate a portion of their food and beverage sales so that we can continue our work to save lives. Join us as we "take a bite" out of breast cancer!
We love our foodies!
Meet Our 2012 Ambassadors
We have enlisted the assistance of local food bloggers and writers who, like us, are committed to promoting breast cancer awareness in our community. Our Ambassadors have adopted a participating restaurant and will encourage their readers to join them for a great meal! We couldn't do it without them!
An "*" indicates Ambassadors that have participated two years in a row!
* Lisa Shapiro, Dining in DC
* Laetitia Brock, French Twist D.C.
* Daphne Domingo, Go Gastronomy
Jennifer Farley, Savory Simple
* Lori Gardner, Been There, Eaten That
* Jill Grozalsky, Cuisine Queen
Lindsay Hovermale, Dining in DC
Claudia Holwill, Brunch and the City
* Mary Kong-DeVito, Girl Meets Food
* Beatrice Livioco, Full is a state of mind
* Becca Loveridge, Bitches Who Brunch
* Vivi Mazarakis, Forking DC
* Micky M., What Mickey Eats
Jessica Milby, One Classic Wino
* Cori Sue Morris, Bitches Who Brunch
* Nicole Rainer, Done Like Dundee, Gone Like Ghandi
* Anthony Rivera, Done Like Dundee, Gone Like Ghandi
* Johnna Rowe, Johnna Knows Good Food
* Erin Ruberry, Travel Eat Repeat
* Monica Sethi, e-Buzz Edge
* Bindesh Shrestha, Desigrub
A very special thank you to our 2012 Take a Bite Out of Breast Cancer Host Committee:
Lisa Shapiro, Liala Kaczmarskyj, Daniel Mahdavian, Liz Stowers, Shane Mayson, Christa Floresca, Mary DeVito, Johnna Rowe, Jessica Milby, Shannon Cerminaro, Monica Sethi, Anthony Rivera, and Nicole Rainer